The Turney Group, formerly known as PA Turney, was founded by the late Peter Turney whose principles of high standards, enthusiasm and commitment enabled the growth of the business and accumulation of dealerships for a number of well known suppliers. The business today continues to uphold the standards established by Peter over 60 years ago and has subsequently grown into a multi-million pound family business representing leading agricultural and horticultural franchises including New Holland, Kuhn, Vaderstad, Honda, Stihl, Ransomes Jacobson and many more.
1948 The late Mr Peter Turney, son of a farmer and agricultural contractor, founded the Company
1951 Mr. Turney purchased the premises in Middleton Stoney which is still occupied by the Company today
1953 Appointed sub-dealers for Nuffield tractors and obtained dealerships for Ransomes, Listers and Bentall.
1958 Business was incorporated into a Private Company â€“ P.A. Turney Ltd.
1961/62 Appointed Main New Holland dealers for Balers. Nuffield tractor dealer for Oxfordshire
1968 Acquired freehold premises at Weston on the Green for the Grass Machinery Division
1970 Appointed Main Ford Tractor Dealer for North Oxfordshire.
1972/78During this period extensive improvements were carried out to the Middleton Stoney premises including new workshops, service parts and office facilities. Improvements were also the Grass Machinery Division at Weston on the Green
1980 Acquired certain business assets of A.V. Fitt Ltd., and commenced trading from a depot at Little Tew
1981 Acquired freehold 8-Acre site at Chipping Norton
1983 Commenced trading from new premises at Chipping Norton
1985 Acquired certain assets of Curtis and Horn Ltd., and commenced trading from Britannia Works, Botley, Oxford
1987 Acquired freehold 0.75-Acre site at Oakfield Industrial Estate, Eynsham, and commenced construction of new depot
1988 Vacated Britania Works, Botley, Oxford and relocated to the new depot at Eynsham. Started the installation of a new computer system at Middleton Stoney, for the group
1989 Awarded Ford New Holland franchise for Northamptonshire, (September)
1990 Acquired freehold premises at Denington Ind. Esq., Wellingborough, Northamptonshire Ceased trading at Eynsham Depot, (October)
1995 Major fire in Parts Warehouse at Middleton Stoney Depot, (February 7th)
1996 Rebuilding programme started for refurbishment of fire damage, (June) at Middleton Stoney Acquired certain trading assets of A.G. Jones Ltd. and started trading from two new premises, one at Stoke Mandeville, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, the other at Maulden, Bedford, Bedfordshire, (July)
2004 Leased premises at Gatehouse Way, Aylesbury, Bucks (June 2004). Vacated premises at Stoke Mandeville Appointed Case-IH dealership Leased premises at Lords Farm, Lords Lane, Bicester for new dealership (January)
2005 Leased premises at Worcester Road Industrial Estate, Chipping Norton. Started trading October 2005 and vacated premises at Station Road, Chipping Norton
2005 - P A Turney Ltd rename to Turney Group with the creation of the Fieldforce, Agriforce and Groundforce divisions.
2009 Leased premises at Wrest Park, Silsoe. (May) Vacated premises at New Road, Maulden Leased Premises at Woodway, Princes Risborough. (June) Vacated premises at Gatehouse Way, Aylesbury